Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gas Just Spiked

Why yes it did.  Big spike overnight.  About twenty cents.  What to do?

Well my first suggestion is to go get gas even if you are not on empty.  Think who usually has the most expensive gas and check there.  Hopefully they haven't sold out of their previous shipment and are lower.

Here is what I do on an everyday basis.  I have set my gas budget at $50 a week.  I put $50 in and I make it last.  Obviously I don't get the same amount of gas each week.  I watch my gauge and if I become concerned about getting to the end of the week on what I have, I prioritize and make sure I group my errands so I make it the week.  I also pay attention to how I am starting and stopping my car.  I change my route as I go to take advantage of downhills and I drive so I optomize being able to use physics to move my car.  If I see I need to stop, I glide towards the light as much as I can without disrupting traffic.  A lot of the time it will change and I don't have to fully stop and start.  I pay attention to how I am driving, and I make it on that $50.

I am saving roughly $10 a week by driving by imposing a gas ration on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment